Thursday, June 18, 2009

Salvation in the form of a new SL Upgrade!


I've been dreading one aspect of packaging the new products for the July 1 launch. There is a LOT of content in the items and it's located in different prims. So hunting down all of the script etc. in each of about 70 items and then making sure that they were all no copy/modify was going to be a huge task. However............

..... the new viewer has a bulk contents permissions changer!!!! Yay! Go to the contents tab in an item and click on permissions. You still have to set the permissions at the top level of an object for basic copy/modify/transfer. But this page does all of the contents in one step.

I'm in love! :)

4 comments:

Peter Stindberg said...

CoolViewer by Boy Lane has bulk permission change since forever....

Honour McMillan said...

neat! I'm just relieved that now the viewer I use does too :)

Cristopher Lefavre said...

Yeah, that new feature was a real life saver!

But when it comes to love: I briefly tested the GEMINI Viewer this morning, and that was kind of love at first sight. That UI has a lot of potential!

Honour McMillan said...

lol I'll look at new stuff in July - really! :)