Saturday, May 9, 2009

Breathe

Well this made me cry. I think I'm overtired but it's also a fabulous piece. Thanks to Hamlet for including it in his blog!

Update: I found the song haunting and had to go try and find it (if everybody else knows it well tough, I didn't). I hadn't heard of Midge Ure til now:

If, like me, you were not familiar with this artist here is a brief excerpt from his Wikipedia entry:

Midge Ure OBE (born James Ure, 10 October 1953, Cambuslang, Lanarkshire, Scotland) is a guitarist, singer, keyboard player, and songwriter. He enjoyed particular success in the 1970s and 1980s in bands including Slik, Thin Lizzy, The Rich Kids, Visage, and most notably as frontman of Ultravox. Ure co-wrote and produced the charity single "Do They Know It's Christmas?" and co-organised both Band Aid, Live Aid and Live 8 with Bob Geldof. He twice received an Ivor Novello with Geldof for co-writing "Do They Know It's Christmas?" Ure acts as trustee for the charity, and serves as ambassador for Save The Children. His stage name, Midge, is a phonetic reversal of his real name, Jim.

Boy that looks a lot like the SecondLife hand in his video. I feel like I've just stumbled on something I should have known about two years ago and everybody has been laughing at me for being ignorant. Ahh well, I'm sure there's a huge volume of stuff I don't know. :)

No comments: