Sunday, October 25, 2009

Burning Life 09 - Burning the Temple

I missed Burning the Man this year - but for the first time I made it to Burning the Temple. And oh what temple it was/is! Damanios Thetan is one of my favourite builders in SL and always has been.


Damanios was at the Burn and I have to admit I totally fangurled him. He was very polite about it. :)


I look forward to seeing his temple every year and this year did not disappoint.


It should still be available to visit for the next few days ..... so if you haven't seen it yet go visit before it disappears.


The burn was visually appealing but also emotionally challenging. People had left messages in the Temple all week and these were read out and burned as part of the ceremony. Many of the messages were heart wrenching - I hope those individuals received some measure of peace from the process.


So Burning Life 09 is over. I loved my time there and I thank all of those who spent so many hours making it happen and sharing their art and music with the rest of us.


The Burning the Temple ceremony was the only occasion in which I experienced lag at Burning Life. That's entirely due to the fact that I open the map and choose locations which are pretty empty of people. This allows me to poke around without system issues and at the same time find interesting but lesser known installations. I've shared some of what I found with you this past week and it was very self serving. It gave me a reason to spend time somewhere I truly enjoyed. We'll do it again next year. :)


4 comments:

Daniel Voyager said...

BL09 and the Burn of the Temple was excellent. :)

Honour McMillan said...

I'm glad you enjoyed your first Burning Life :)

Dale Innis said...

Ooh, that is lovely! Thanks for going and reporting on it; makes me feel better about not having gone myself. :)

And thanks for all your Burning Life 2009 postings; they were great.

Honour McMillan said...

thank you :)