Thursday, November 12, 2009

SL is a very strange place sometimes!

I was doing a favour for a friend this afternoon (a bit of landscaping) when out of the blue I get this IM from a woman I've never met:


[13:57] Complete Stranger: ok. how about a date then? :)
[13:58] Honour McMillan: a date?
[13:58] Complete Stranger: read your profile. said you didnt want to have sex with me. so how about a date? :)
[13:59] Honour McMillan: lol
[13:59] Honour McMillan: no I actually don't do that either :)
[13:59] Honour McMillan: I do meet friends at live music events and go dancing :)
[13:59] Complete Stranger: with girls or just in general?
[13:59] Honour McMillan: in general :) I don't discriminate
[13:59] Complete Stranger: sighs
[13:59] Complete Stranger: :)
[14:00] Complete Stranger: of course
[14:00] Honour McMillan: lol too funny
[14:00] Complete Stranger: i could be your first! nodsnodsnods
[14:00] Complete Stranger: i clean up really well. :)
[14:00] Honour McMillan: lol why would you want to - we've never even met - this is one strange conversation :)
[14:00] Complete Stranger: i'm a strange person :)
[14:01] Complete Strangerr: and why not? hell. doesnt mean we're going to partner. just means i'd like some ofyour time, socially of course :)
[14:01] Honour McMillan: um - well my next possible social outing will probably be one of Von Johin's concerts next week - how's that?
[14:01] Complete Stranger: hmms
[14:02] Complete Stranger: i think we're thinking of date, differently.
[14:02] Complete Stranger: howsabout you invite me to wherever you are and we talk?
[14:02] Complete Stranger: see? a date! :)
[14:02] Honour McMillan: I'm working but it's an interesting thought lol
[14:02] Complete Stranger: lay a TP on me.
[14:02] Honour McMillan: I do not date in SL - not personal, just a rule
[14:02] Complete Stranger: its a word :)
[14:02] Complete Stranger: like snort. but i dont use "snort" much either :))))
[14:03] Honour McMillan: and I really am working - so I can't handle a visitor at the moment
[14:03] Honour McMillan: lol
[14:03] Complete Stranger: youre handling one now. :)
[14:03] Complete Stranger: i'll behave.
[14:03] Complete Stranger: i promise.
[14:03] Complete Stranger: pinky promise.
[14:03] Honour McMillan: yeah well I'm going to stop soon - cause I really have to finish this - but it was entertaining :)
[14:03] Complete Stranger: be well
[14:03] Complete Stranger: my god
[14:04] Complete Stranger: french quarter chamber of commerce? (a group I belong to)
[14:04] Complete Stranger: smiles
[14:04] Honour McMillan: :)
[14:04] Complete Stranger: <--- NOLA, too. Baby.
[14:04] Honour McMillan: have a good day :)
[14:04] Complete Stranger: youre from New Orleans? me too!
[14:05] Complete Stranger: St. Charles Ave!
[14:05] Honour McMillan: lol no I just rent some space there - I really need to get back to work bye :)
[14:05] Complete Stranger: sighs
[14:05] Complete Stranger: bye bye

2 comments:

Ravishal said...

/me puts a protective arm around Honour's shoulders to fend off the rezbians...

I've been a friend of Honour's for quite a while and although we've never "dated" I've enjoyed her company thoroughly. You needn't date a person to get to know them. Someone's time is the best gift they could ever give.

Dale Innis said...

At least a relatively witty and articulate masher! Far better than "sex pls"...