Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Amusing Myself in Second Life

Real Life has become an endless series of stories about arrogance and sanctimony and I found myself consumed with anger. I started to compose a rant but then remembered a quote from one of my favourite people, Craig Ferguson:

“Before I open my mouth, I ask myself three things. Does this need to be said? Does this need to be said by me? Does this need to be said by me now?”

I decided the answer to at least two of the questions was no. So instead I went inworld and indulged myself by doing something I've wanted to do for my entire SLife - get a non-humanoid, tiny avatar ( from Extrovirtual).

It's a wonderful experience and I enjoyed myself immensely today. I don't know how often she'll come out to play but you can be sure if she's there I'm smiling. :)

1 comment:

Cristopher Lefavre said...

Woot - what a bird! Really nice!

And I guess I needed that quote - work seems to be an endless series of frustrations atm, so I guess I need to just focus on what I like to do and let the others go their way:-)