Monday, May 2, 2011

Finding Eternity in Second Life

Eternity Castle (moderate)

I spent some time this morning trying to figure out why I keep winding up in role playing communities.  The answer, I think, is in part because there are so many of them and in part because they have great builds.  If you combine a passion for creating with a community purpose the result can be amazing.

So imagine, if you will, 18 medieval sims collectively known as Eternity with a population "drawn from 10 races including Humans, Vampire, Drow, Demons, Shapeshifters, Lycan, Fae, Elves, Mermaids and Dragons. There is also a band of pirates set base on the land. These groups are supported in their role play by guilds such as the Mage and Cleric Guilds. Community groups such as the Queen's Gallery, the Bards and the land's Nobility further strengthen RP activities."

Eternity (moderate)

I began my tour on Tir na Latis -which seems as good a place to start as any.  All of my links but one will lead you there - I'm doing that because there is an extensive information package that you really should read through before starting to explore.

The romance of medieval times (without the hassle of poor hygiene, plagues or an over abundance of rodents) is well presented on these islands.  The population mix adds an edge that keeps it from being cliched or bland.

Eternity (moderate)

This is a seriously evolved and involved community.  There are lots of castles, villages, farms, forests, pathways and harbours.  This group also has some truly wonderful fantasy/medieval shopping available.

For those with a penchant for violence grin  you'll find all sorts of sword play, jousting, magical combat and tournaments galore.

Eternity (moderate)

One of the things I loved about visiting Eternity is that I didn't feel intimidated or threatened.  Nobody tried to kill me (which always earns points in my book) and it feels like a friendly environment - if you want to try role playing and you like medieval then I suggest you go to Eternity.

One last note.  The Ruins is an OOC (out of character) location which hosts concerts etc.  Open every day after 6:00 pm this might be a good destination if you just want to talk to local residents and get a feel for the place.  Or go merely to enjoy the music. :)

Eternity (moderate)

No comments: