I haven't updated in a while - so here are a few notes:
- The waterfall workshop went really well - although there were too many people. Partly because I overestimated how many should be in it and partly because people just drop in. So I wound up giving it 3 times just to handle the volume. But I had fun and they told me they really liked it. :)
- I think I'll have to formalize the whole thing - set up a mini curriculum and set a schedule for the workshops.
- I started using the land I still own on the mainland to run the workshop. Much easier to focus on the participants and there's lots of room for people to build.
- I've been using the land for building as well - might as well just accept that it's a much needed sandbox and set it up for that.
- I forgot how ugly it can get - see the ads in the pic above? I'm spoiled on the islands.
The benefit yesterday for Phoenix Psaltery and family was a lot of fun. That's a pic of Rav, Go and I early on in the day. I lasted about 7 hours and spent a lot of money - all in a good cause. :) Met some very interesting people - made me wish again that I had joined Second Life in the really early days. I don't know what the final total was - and have no idea when it actually ended. I'm guessing well after midnight - but it seemed to be doing well. Congratulations to all the people who worked so hard setting it up and then running it. I'm betting they'll sleep for days.