Saturday, August 2, 2008

Aintree Oak

People (not just Wrath) like trees. A lot! I've been getting requests for trees and most of them are the type that need to be constructed. In other words - sculpty trees. The typical 3 or 4 prim version just isn't going to work. So I've been taking photo's and I now have a queue of textures I need to finish in order to make the following:

  • Weeping Willow
  • Rowan Tree (aka Mountain Ash)
  • Cottonwood Tree
  • Chestnut Tree
  • various Evergreens
  • and the Oak

Introducing the Aintree Oak! :) It has taken me the past few days but she's mostly done. And yes she's big - that small white thing at the base of the trunk is me. Wrath isn't here to vet her so I'm not sure yet if she's finished. I am going to put her in one of those auto align/rezz boxes that people use for houses. And I'll make her copiable just in case something goes wrong. I'm not going to do falling leaves - sorry, a little too "cute" for me. I might do shade though.

And, speaking from experience, just in case it comes up ........ typing the following into any search engine - "you know that box thingie that people use for houses" - does NOT produce the desired result.


No comments: