Sunday, August 24, 2008

Bits n Pieces

I haven't updated in a while - so here are a few notes:

  • The waterfall workshop went really well - although there were too many people. Partly because I overestimated how many should be in it and partly because people just drop in. So I wound up giving it 3 times just to handle the volume. But I had fun and they told me they really liked it. :)
  • I think I'll have to formalize the whole thing - set up a mini curriculum and set a schedule for the workshops.
  • I started using the land I still own on the mainland to run the workshop. Much easier to focus on the participants and there's lots of room for people to build.
  • I've been using the land for building as well - might as well just accept that it's a much needed sandbox and set it up for that.
  • I forgot how ugly it can get - see the ads in the pic above? I'm spoiled on the islands.



The benefit yesterday for Phoenix Psaltery and family was a lot of fun. That's a pic of Rav, Go and I early on in the day. I lasted about 7 hours and spent a lot of money - all in a good cause. :) Met some very interesting people - made me wish again that I had joined Second Life in the really early days. I don't know what the final total was - and have no idea when it actually ended. I'm guessing well after midnight - but it seemed to be doing well. Congratulations to all the people who worked so hard setting it up and then running it. I'm betting they'll sleep for days.

No comments: