Sunday, April 5, 2009

Conference in SecondLife - Beyond Blogging!

This photo doesn't really have anything to do with the topic of this post. But I had warned Ahuva that I would work a picture of her dancing around a mushroom ring as a fairy into a blog post. She tells me that she was a "blue punk fairy". I'll take her word for it. :)

Back to the real topic of this post. Jaymin Carthage has organized a "relaxed "conference entitled "Beyond Blogging" for April 7 and 8 to take place at IBM 9. Although most of the conference presenters (and much of the audience) will be from IBM it is open to the rest of us. I know this because I am one of the presenters (blush). :)

My own portion of the agenda is scheduled for 4:00 pm SLT on April 7th. But the rest of the agenda looks really interesting. And because it's in SL you know there will be interaction with the audience. :)

April 7th

09:00 PDT 12:00 EST Opening General Session
10:00 PDT 13:00 EST Teaming in World of Warcraft
11:00 PDT 14:00 EST Homesteading in the IBM Grid
12:00 PDT 15:00 EST Roundtable: Achieving a Work/Life/Virtual Life balance
13:00 PDT 16:00 EST Roundtable: What's in a Name?
14:00 PDT 17:00 EST Roundtable: Appearance Matters!
15:00 PDT 18:00 EST The Wonderful World of Colin Fizgig
16:00 PDT 19:00 EST Leaving a Virtual Legacy
17:00 PDT 20:00 EST Field Trip: Social Aspects of Virtual Worlds
April 8th

02:00 PDT 05:00 EST 100 students interviews in a SL theater
05:00 PDT 08:00 EST Language Learning in Second Life
08:00 PDT 11:00 EST Stone Soup Stories
09:00 PDT 12:00 EST Closing General Session

I hope to see you there and I will do my darndest to keep both of you awake during my portion. Note that immediately after me, Dale Innis will be hosting a field trip. You won't want to miss that!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was as punky as they allowed me to be. which was my hair. :) Everyone else had sweet updos. I went for spiky punk. I know, not much of a rebel.

Honour McMillan said...

Really? I thought it was because of all your piercings. :)

Anonymous said...

too funny for words. i'm willing to bet YOU have more piercings than i - i dont even have pierced ears.