Sunday, October 18, 2009

Burning Life 09 - Gulliver by Ub Yifu



I have a love/hate relationship with Burning Life. I love exploring it and seeing all of the amazing builds...the creativity and skill are awe inspiring. I love the feeling of community at Burning Life. The people you meet, both the artists and the explorers, are friendly and genuinely interesting to talk to. Well, the griefers not so much. :)

I hate the fact that I didn't do anything this wonderful myself.

So, in spite of the damage to my whimpering ego, I go every year and immerse myself in the wonders that SL can bring us (and the opportunity to take photos of myself sitting on various things).

I chose my first visit based on something I saw on the map - a very large man. I thought it would be the usual guy on fire - but it's not. It's Gulliver - what a great image for Second Life! And Ub Yifu is a fabulous builder/artist.

You may be familiar with his avatar. :)

The Gulliver installation is interactive (try sliding down his leg) and full of details. You really should spend some time exploring it just to appreciate the thought and skill that went into its creation.

What a great way for me to start my Burning Life 09 voyage. :)

3 comments:

Chestnut Rau said...

You should do a BL build next year! I would love to see what you come up with. It would be fantastic I am sure.

Honour McMillan said...

I consider it every year and then chicken out. Maybe if I start thinking about it earlier I'll have the courage to try. :)

Kimberlee said...

You def should next year! <3 I'll log in for that.

-Jells-