Wednesday, July 16, 2008

July 16 - get to Gibson Island!




Gibson Guitars has opened their island - they're having 12 hours of live music today. Get down there if you can!!! I missed Mimi Carpenter but I've caught Hathead Rickenbaker and Forsythe Whitfield so far. I didn't need to do anything today. Well just look at the line up! :)





Update 1:19 pm I had to miss most of Cylindrian's set unfortunately. The good news is that I was there for all of Joaquin Gustav's. Incredible!!!!


I'm listening to Peregrine Singh right now. Lag is too much for me to take a picture - you'll just have to imagine it.


Update 2:15 This is like a combination of every birthday I've had. Had to log out and back in - good news is I got a photo of Peregrine Singh after his set.



Now I'm listening to Etherian Kamaboko! This day just can't get any better. :)

Update 3:00 Etherian was wonderful as always. Now the great Charles E. Bristol (at the ripe old age of 86.8 years old) is entertaining us! :)

Update 4:13 Charles has finished his set and Julien Hifeng is giving a master class on jazz guitar. I crashed out of SL of course. I'm going to get my first aid kit and fight my way back in.



Update 5:06 From smooth to serene - it's Cypress Rosewood's turn.



Update 6:05 OK Cypress was amazing - the whole day has been incredible - and now it's time for Von Johin. He has Bob Welch there in the studio with him - I don't know what's going to happen but I'm going to enjoy it!


Update 8:18 I couldn't do an update at 7:00 - the sim filled up and I was afraid I'd crash if I tried. Briefly - before I do some general notes on the day - BobWelch Magic joined Von. You know the Fleetwood Mac Bob Welch?

So he did some stuff and he, Von, Cypress and Etherian (in the background) did some stuff. And Charles was still in the studio and apparently he was dancing!


This was by far the most magical day I've spent in Second Life. It was one of those 'you had to be there' experiences you hope to have in any life. DoubleDown Tandino took much better pictures than I did - thanks DD for sharing. :)

  • At one point I saw 104 av's on the map. Wow!

  • I heard more good music today than I've heard in any single year ever.

  • I spent a lot of money on tips today - and it was worth it.

  • I will wind up spending a lot of money downloading music - and I never do that. But it will be worth it.

  • The crowd was terrific - no griefing, no idiots, no annoying jerks. Just a lot of nice people sharing a magical experience and recognizing it.


    Thank you to everybody involved. I will be eternally grateful.

No comments: