Sunday, February 24, 2008

The ups and downs of technology!



Interesting weekend so far - I downloaded a trial version of Camtasia to make a video in SL to show the Executive Committee this week. I love Camtasia - mostly because it does what I want and I figured out how to use it. Two very important features of any technology.


Unfortunately, they've improved Camtasia - so it took me a while to figure out what I was doing. The good news is that I made a 90 second video for my presentation this week (yeah). The bad news is that I went to the Virtual State Fair last night and took some film to show you - including a short clip of TallGuy Kidd performing. When I went to edit the video I discovered I had no sound. ooops
By the way - if it would be a bad thing to show a short clip of a performer in here - please let me know. I don't want to offend them.


I went inworld this morning via Windlight (which has remembered what cookies are thank goodness). I'm still getting used to what it does to my garden. These two shots are of the same shrub at the same time (or almost) but from different sides.

Then I went to check out my favourite blogs and I discover that my friend and neighbour Wrath has posted his latest machinima masterpiece. One of the really cool things about this video is that his lips are moving. His lips are moving!

I'm sure the rest of the world has already figured this out - but I hadn't. I sent him an IM - but I get up at ridiculously early hours and he doesn't - so I went searching. And ....................

So I didn't use a well lit image and you probably can't tell - but my lips are moving!

BTW - this took forever to upload. And then just as it was finishing I hit the wrong key and published - which cancelled the upload. Had to start again. So I took my dog for a walk and when I got back discovered there had been a problem uploading and I had to do it again. And then I had to sit here for ages while it processed. I am such a pitiful geek.

No comments: