Sunday, January 30, 2011

Checking Out Some New Teen Talent in Second Life

I've been wanting to go visit some of the new sims showcasing teen builders/designers now resident on the main grid after the merger and this morning I finally had the opportunity.

I started on the Eros sim and it's a great introduction to dozens of teen designers. I wandered through multiple stores full of high quality product and, if the clothes weren't exactly what I personally might look for, my male alt is definitely going to go back and acquire some very cool shorts I saw in a few of the stores. Which I guess means he'll need shoes and a t-shirt as well. :)

The prices all look more than reasonable and I enjoyed the sim and store designs. I met some very nice people as I wandered around, including Heather Vespucciano (one of the Trustees) who directed me to two other teen sims I think you should check out.

The first, Epic, won me over immediately because anybody who loves Doctor Who must be one of the good guys!

I should point out that although there is a lot of fashion there are also vehicles, weapons and quirky objects on sale. The designers are varied and show their own styles while apparently sharing a similar love of quality.

The third teen sim I visited this morning was Eutopia and again I was impressed with the amount of talent displayed. These designers may be young but they're good and deserve a look.

I look forward to finding other teen builds to explore but, in the meantime, I strongly suggest you start your own journey on these three teen imports. You'll find some designers you may want to include in your regular shopping excursions. I'm going to login as my alt and go get some shorts. :)


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting, ill try to visit, new blood is always welcome (not saying it from the point of view of my vampire avat)

Honour McMillan said...

LOL keep those fangs away from under aged meat!

▓▒░ TORLEY ░▒▓ said...

Honour, I thank you for sharing this and other travels! Keep it up!