Tuesday, January 18, 2011

My Failed Secret Mission to Welcome Rod Humble to Second Life (and influence our future)

I had this scathingly brilliant idea. I would do something special to personally welcome Linden Lab's new CEO - make him feel at home and, as a side benefit to me, get his ear so that I could make sure he knows what needs to be done to ensure the future of our world.

I borrowed a kitchen and spent the entire night cooking my special casserole - the whiskey marinated Haggis masterpiece I'm known for. It takes hours but I knew that one taste and he'd be my devoted slave (no need to collar him, he'd be begging for more treats without any coercion). I flew down to San Francisco this morning prepared to delight him with my thoughtfulness - unfortunately it turns out my idea, although inspired, did not make me unique.

The scene outside Linden headquarters was insane. The police had to cordon off blocks to ensure that no tourists got injured by accidentally heading in that direction.

It seems that every blogger, group, activist and concerned resident had decided to try and get their message to the poor guy first. As a result the noise was deafening.

I saw one corner of the office lobby where they are storing just a portion of the notecards, im's and tweets directed at him.

I suppose it would be smarter of me to wait until he has (as we used to say) actually got his feet under his desk, found the washroom and figured out how to fill in his timesheet. (sigh)

I was left with my masterpiece and thousands of starving residents (there are only so many chairs in the office cafeteria). I gave my dish to the policeman and escaped before it got too ugly.

Welcome to Second Life Rod! We look forward to working with you. :)

.

.

My poses are (as always) from Gesticulate

4 comments:

Shockwave Plasma said...

At least you didn't give it to Torley to pass it on. No matter what he's given, it always turns into a Watermelon by the time it gets to the recipient.

Honour McMillan said...

@Crap hummphhhh

Robots can only dream of the ability to enjoy the delights of whiskey marinated Haggis casserole!

@Shockwave - I didn't think watermelon went with this particular dish. :)

Brinda said...

Haggis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?
/me mumbles away.
{let's wait til he fails us before we feed hi haggis

Wizzy Gynoid said...

hehe. i guess i'm not the only one who was trying to figure out how to get to Rodvik.