Sunday, October 17, 2010

Burn2 - Fun in the Desert!

The gates opened and a flood of people went to Burn2. Or at least tried. :) It got crowded very quickly and there were some issues with tp's so a lot of us found ourselves underwater on a nearby sim. Everybody remained in good humour though and there were suggestions for dancing and orgies. However, most of us concluded this was really a piece of performance art!

I did get in and got to two of my most anticipated shows. Not before trying in vain to get Daniel Voyager's attention.......sigh, there are a lot of disadvantages to being short.

The first performance I attended was the Yokohama Marching Band. I didn't know what to expect and so didn't participate - if there's a next time for this performance I will.

These folks grabbed one of the freebie instruments, hopped into formation and then headed up into the sky to perform all over the playa. Really really cool!

The band will be doing different types of performances throughout the Burn and you owe it to yourselves to check them out. Their calendar is on their website.

I think somebody must have heard that I was looking for the Stilt Bitches' Flying Circus because a stranger passed me the landmark! I love them....really, how could you not love a group of joyously insane performers who welcome you and invite you to join in?

This is another opportunity to grab freebies and participate in the performance. A chance to join the circus and do it in an atmosphere where the enthusiasm and childlike wonder of it all are infectious.

Do go to Burn2. Expect some lag and some glitches - consider it all part of the experience. Before you go remove all your huds and attachments and even your 10,000 prim hair. You're not going to be seen, you're going to experience and enjoy.

Check the calendar for events but also spend some time just wandering around and looking at what's there. I plan to and will bring you a new report tomorrow.

No comments: