Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Floating on the Mysterious Wave in Second Life


It's been months since I visited Mysterious Wave (General maturity rating). My bad. Imagine a combination art gallery, art installation, circus, minimalist nirvana and thunderstorm and you'll still need to search for words to describe this amazing build.

The current "exhibit" by Cherry Manga and Anley Piers is sublime. It's also interactive so be prepared to release the circus performer that you know lives inside you.

I loved the tightrope walker who took time out from hanging the laundry to put in some extra rehearsal time.

I decided to join her on the more "regulation" tightrope. I did pretty well and I think my saucy little wave added a nice touch. She seemed impressed.

Do go visit this gem of a build and make sure to try out the trampoline. You haven't lived til you've flung yourself high in the air in the middle of a storm. Dodging lightning bolts is an art as well as a skill and I won't tell you how I did. I'm sure you'll be fine.

I'm closing this post with a video of an earlier installation on Mysterious Wave which included works by Elfe Imako as well. Enjoy!


No comments: