Friday, April 1, 2011

Horatio's Philosophies Didn't Cover Second Life


There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Hamlet Act 1 Scene 5

I was thinking of poor Horatio this morning as I revisited two sites I mentioned briefly yesterday. If he had so much trouble with ghosts I don't think he could have handled the grid.

The first of my two destinations was the Sium Garden & Space Station (moderate maturity rating). The garden is "other worldly" which is appropriate and includes not only strange beauty but a really cool personal glider you can use to explore.

Follow the tp up into space and you'll find this complicated space station with lots of doorways and walkways that you can spend a great deal of time wandering around and through. Would be a great place to have a party. Two notes of caution though. The station appears to be under attack (you will want to find the various control rooms in case you need to mount a defense). I would also recommend you not trust the cat - I don't think it's an innocent spectator.

My second trip took me back to NV Madworld (moderate maturity rating) - an extraordinary post apocalyptic ruin which includes a techno shopping district I haven't seen equalled anywhere. It's odd, but until I spent time in Second Life, I hadn't realized that nekos were so prevalent after the cataclysm. My bad.

This is a really amazing build and the more you look around the more you will appreciate the talent and vision used to create this view of the future. As you do - notice that although it's certainly not the same vision as Sium Garden, there is still a great deal of beauty to be found. I think Horatio would have had to at least agree with that! :)

2 comments:

Miso Susanowa said...

Thanks for travelblogging these interesting spots!

ps: make sure you take your Marine with you to the space station!

Honour McMillan said...

LOL so far he's managed to elude me ...so I'm trying to stay out of the line of fire. :)