Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Running Away to Steeltopia in Second Life

It's been one of those days. They happen every now and then. One of those days when I realize that I'm an idiot and trying to fix things just makes them worse. So I decided to run away.

I opened the map and clicked on group of islands at random without even looking at the names. I wound up in Steeltopia (moderate maturity rating). Well, to be specific, I wound up at Poseidon's Aquatorium and the first thing I saw was a sign that said "Rocket Launch Controls". I don't think it's a good idea for me to be messing with wmd's at this moment.

I travelled over to the first island and found many things - including the Krimson Karnival. My attempt at the strength test didn't ring the bell. It wasn't a complete disaster though, I did find the mallet again afterwards and I'm sure they have backup copies of those windows in inventory.

I became very curious about this Parabolic Trajectory Enhancer though. I mean how much trouble could I possibly cause with that? I'm going back later to find out.

I started to wander around the various islands and found, among other things, the Pythagorus Airbase. There are some cool flying machines parked there but I decided I probably wasn't qualified to test any of them.

After playing tourist in the residential areas I found an old coal mine. It wasn't til I was about to descend that I realized that the place is haunted. I could use phrases here involving discretion and valour but the truth is I chickened out.

I concluded very early on in my visit that "There is too much to see and do on Steeltopia". Then I realized that if I wanted to run away and ignore the rest of the world this is a perfect place to do it. There's so much there there that I can happily explore for a long time.

First I'll see where the train takes me.


No comments: